Saturday, August 16, 2014

A Summer Frozen Party!


Ever since Frozen™ hit the big screen, it's been a favorite "everything" with
my daughter.  The songs, books, dolls, clothes - you get the picture.  
It was no surprise she asked for a Frozen™ birthday celebration, and after a long 
winter this year, snowflakes were the last thing I wanted to think about.




Voila!  A Frozen™ party without a single snowflake!
Instead of a snow garnished cake, I went with magical wintry breeze cupcakes.





I melted and piped white chocolate swirls and embellished them
with clear sugar sprinkles for an icy effect.  




Making these treats was fun!  
The girls loved the Frozen™ ring that topped the blue frosting.




The party wand favors were a hit, and easy to make.
  I hot-glued tulle pom-poms to the bottom of clear plastic tubes with a white 
fluffy pom in the center.  Fill the wands with blue and white Sixlets™ candies 
and attach a Frozen™ ring to each of them; they snap on perfectly.  
The cap of the wand should be on the bottom for easy access to the candy.  




To make the pom-poms, wrap two shades of tulle around your hand
about 7 - 9 times, and tie the center.  Cut the loops and fluff them. 
You can find great tulle pom-pom tutorials on youtube.




I couldn't resist including summer fun party favors too, 
perfect for boys.  Fill small beach buckets with colorful chalk, 
bubbles, and shovels.  I printed and attached this Olaf picture from
the Disney™ website.  My daughter loved her summer Frozen birthday, 
and we are looking forward to catch Frozen on Broadway!

2 comments:

  1. You do the best parties! Love the cupcakes and the wands. And too funny that u put pics of Olaf on fun summer toys- he would approve! ;)

    ReplyDelete