Thursday, December 19, 2019

Book Festivals of 2019


As I’m preparing for the holiday and 2020, 
I’m also reminiscing over the excitement I’ve had this year
and how quickly the time has gone by.


The Gaithersburg Book Fair was a fun-packed day of storytime and crafts.
It’s not usual that I get to read on a plush, velvet throne.
I was going for a friendly look, inspired by the cover of my novelty book,


Do you see the resemblance?




The Cecil County Book Fair was super festive.
Children met authors and illustrators from novelty/board books,    
pictures books, middle grade, to young adult and non-fiction books.  
I loved being surrounded by such young energy
and appreciated their enthusiasm for reading and books.
This time around, I’m representing this sly character.


I skipped the mask.  It probably would have frightened the children.




Over the spring, I made it up to New York to visit my favorite editors,
and even got to meet Captain Underpants at Scholastics!
I made sure to get this picture for my daughter.




The MD/DE/WV SCBWI Conference was a true creative force.
Presenting was a bit nerve-racking, but I enjoyed discussing
the novelty and board book process with so many
aspiring writers and illustrators.  They inspired me, too!



This photo was shared during my slide presentation,
and pleasantly sparked a burst of laughter in the room.
While I do have a large table to work at,
I find it comforting to lay everything out on the floor.
Believe it or not, this work space is very organized.

I’m proud of the projects I created this year,
and hope I may continue this creative journey
in the children’s book world.


No comments:

Post a Comment