Friday, June 21, 2013

Away We Go! Shapes and Transportation Activities



 
Yay! I'm super excited to have Away We Go! preschool activities
and party printables up on my
website.  Enjoy Away We Go! story-time with
your little ones, followed by fun shapes and transportation projects.

Check out the coloring, cut and paste, counting, and matching activities.





Print the activities and party printables to your heart's content.
If you have an Away We Go! celebration,  please do share!
Great fun for birthdays, baby showers, transportation, and preschool events.





How about snack time?!  Here's a template I created 
for a tasty shape-sorting activity.
Be sure to lay down wax paper over the printable before beginning.




Strawberries make good heart shapes, and these stars are baby cereal puffs.
I also spotted some star-shaped crackers at the grocery store.





These shapely fruit rockets were a big hit with my kids!





Don't forget the crafts!  Candy airplanes are cute, and very easy to make.
The shapes highlighted here are circles, rectangles, and squares.





A cool summer craft that really floats!
Using foam sheets, cut out a 2 3/4" x 4" rectangle, and a triangle sail.
Cut 7 slits, each a centimeter apart, as seen in the photo.
Be careful not to cut too close to the edge.  Have your little sailors weave
three crafts sticks (4 3/8" long), and attach the triangle sail.





Let kids be creative, gluing shapes together to make colorful, 
shapely transportation vehicles.  Here are samples of 
a spaceship, ice cream truck, and train.





I'm reposting the Away We Go! treats.
Check out my Book Launch Celebration blog post for details.
Have a shapetastic time reading Away We Go! with the kiddos, 
and getting creative with shapes and transportation!


15 comments:

  1. My little guy is too small, but I'll let my sister n law know about the printables, her three year old loves to color. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leandra! Happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog! I'm passing it on to a young mom who'll appreciate what you have to offer here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos. Makes me want to go back to my kidlings pre-school days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mirka. I miss the preschool stage with my kids too.

      Delete
  5. Thanks Catherine and Mirka, for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chieu! You are an artistic genius at keeping kids focused! Query: do you have anything for Pentagon theme?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarahlee, thanks for the kind words! Sorry, I don't have a pentagon theme right now, but will keep that in mind!

      Delete
  7. Love these printables and all the great craft and snack ideas! I am going to incorporate the snack ideas with my kindergarten class when we do our shapes and transportation units. Love the fruit rockets and the fruit shape sorting. The kids will love all these activities! Thanks so much for sharing!

    Best wishes,
    Sue G. (from the Blue Boards :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Sue! Happy to hear from a Blue Boarder!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a bunch for sharing this.
    cpc course & transport manager cpc

    ReplyDelete
  10. I consider you’ve created some genuinely exciting points. Not too most people would in reality consider about this the way you simply did. I’m really impressed that there’s a lot about this topic that’s been uncovered and you also did it so tremendously, with a lot class.
    Pre School Franchisee India
    india play school
    play schools in india

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all great ideas and I especially love the snack time printable - brilliant! I'll be sharing this on The Crafty Crow soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! Thanks for stopping by Cassi!

      Delete